Elmfield is an evangelical church.
WE BELIEVE …
- In the trinity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- God’s in charge and is sovereign over creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The Bible is inspired by God, as originally given, and has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- In the universal sinfulness and guilt of all people since the fall, rendering them subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- We are redeemed from the guilt, penalty, dominion and pollution of sin, solely through the sacrificial death (as our representative and substitute) of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- Jesus Christ rose from the dead after being crucified and after 40 days ascended to the right hand of God the Father.
- In the presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of bringing us to faith.
- In the justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone.
- The Holy Spirit comes to live in and enables the believer to grow as a follower of Jesus Christ.
- There is one holy universal Church which is the body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
- The Lord Jesus Christ will return in person to bring about the full triumph of his kingdom.
If you would like to discover more about the Christian Faith we run courses every so often where we explain what this means in simple everyday terms. Ring 0208 866 0813 to learn when future courses are planned. This website also has useful information about Christianity.